The Bear Kodiak features the latest in truck technology. Forged hangers and baseplates provide the next level in strength and performance. Precision machined axles eliminate wheel play while an entirely re-designed bushing seat improves the overall feel, stability and responsiveness of your setup.
Ships in a custom wooden box with extra bushings. What more can you ask for?
Here is the explanation.
Cast trucks (normal longboard trucks) are cast. This means molten metal into a mould. Cheap to make, techniques are getting better but they can be a bit bent or axles bend as they are not the strongest way to make a truck.
Precision trucks CNC cut the shape from a block of material - usually high end expensive grade aluminium. They are very accurate in shape, they can have amazing nuance in performance: they only way to explain it is a cast truck can have a jerky lean, sort of like steps, and an awkward return to centre after a carve or lean. Precision trucks are more precise and have very smooth turn and a true return to centre. They can also be extremely light as the CNC cut always designers to strengthen and lighten the truck by cutting away material.
Forge truck is exactly what the name sounds like. You seen a blacksmith hammering out metal? This is forging. The metal is forged into shape creating the strongest truck possible. It is stronger and rougher than a cast and CNC truck. Not as precise, but should be as good as a CNC truck in precision and true axle without the extra expense.
Bottom line is if you are racing or fast freeriding, then you should step up to a set of forged trucks.
Available in red and black.
- Axle to Axle Width (inches): 9.75 inch
- Standard longboard truck width at 178mm
- Forged Baseplate and Hanger
- Heat interference pressed axles
- Ultra aligned, straight pressed axles with secondary lock pin
- Tall bushings (19mm), compatible with 15mm bushings by using provided shim
- Conical top bushing seat which eliminates dead zone and truck slop
- Unique top hanger bushing lean, drives hanger from dive into turn
- Classic bottom bushing seat (based on precision) with an added lip for step and double step bushings
- 8 hole mount on baseplate
- Our lightest RKP non- precision truck to date
- Strongest truck to date.
- Price is for a pair of trucks.