Caliber III 10" 44° Rakeless Raw longboard trucks
New for 2022, Caliber has updated their trucks, making them one of the best on the market. Price is for a set of TWO trucks.
The rakeless version is an updated Caliber 2. The original Caliber had no rake.
Rake gives a divey turn, and generally makes the truck feel more lively. The initial turn is slow but then it turns a lot like you are diving into a turn. It is more about the feel of the turn. A rakeless truck has a linear turn. The turn feels faster to start, compared to a raked truck, but progresses the same. So the turn feels the same the whole time you lean into a turn. If you like the old Calibers, then this is your truck.
This truck has a shim, it is a plastic insert under the boardside bushing. You can remove the shim and put in tall bushings without affecting the truck geometry. A bigger bushing will give the truck more dimension. Big and soft to create an easier turn or more response, but a harder bushing will restrict the turn when going fast and create more stability.
The baseplate shim is the big feature in Cal 3 trucks. The only other new addition worth noting are custom flat. This model (rakeless), the hanger is identical to the Caliber 2 but it has 3 stamped on it. If you have the older Calibers, you can swap parts between the trucks. The rakeless Cal3 and Cal 2 are identical in weight. The rakeless model is about 50 grams lighter, hardly any difference.
Caliber 2 or Caliber 3, they are both amazing trucks, definitely worth the money.
These trucks are 10 inch wide from axle to axle.
- High strength SCM435 alloy steel kingpins eliminate unwanted kingpin movement.
- SCM435 alloy steel axles reduce the risk of bending or cracking.
- Upgraded 96A urethane pivot cups are longer lasting and eliminate pivot slop.
- Tried and true tombstone hanger design increases strength and rigidity over competitors.
- Venom 90A High Performance Formula Plug Barrel bushings, designed specifically for Caliber Trucks, eliminate unwanted hanger slop and HPF urethane provides a fast return to center.
- 10" (184mm) hangar for stability and easier slide initiation.
- Stamped steel, flat washers for less restriction and improved response.
- Truck degree is stamped on the bottom surface of the baseplate for easy identification.
- The 44° baseplate with bushing shim provides the most stability, making them ideal for downhill and fast freeride styles of riding.
- Removing the baseplate shim allows for the use of tall bushings. This gives the freedom to create more bushing combinations/options without changing truck geometry.
- Rakeless hanger is true neutral. It provides more stability and less turn over a raked hanger.
- Designed for any setup and to handle any discipline. Including but not limited to: dancing, downhill, and freeride.