**Price is for a set of TWO trucks**
Everyone knows red trucks go faster.
These trucks have everything except the Ferrari emblem on them. Not just painted racing car red, these trucks are pure speed pedigree. If you want to test your limits without spilling blood, these trucks will take you there and back.
The Fifty Caliber has been designed to be the best all round longboard truck. Whatever you want to do, downhill, push, cruise or dance, you can do it better on calibers
Trucks come standard with a 89a barrel cone combo of Blood Orange Bushings. It is one of the best features of this truck. Out of all the top name truck (Caliber/Paris/Gullwing) the Calibers have the best bushings out of the box. Straight away the trucks are responsive, fun and flowy. It just shows the design team thought of every aspect, and there is no weak point.
One of the most talked about things of Caliber trucks is the no rake. This means that the bushing seat on either side of the hanger is the same. On a Paris truck the main bushing seat is deeper, which gives the truck a divy feel to a carve. The Caliber truck has a more lean to its carve. The result is a more stable feeling truck, which is why it is preferred by most downhill and freeride skaters. Dance and Freestyle skaters all appreciate that stability when landing tricks, which makes it a popular choice.
All up, it is one of our favourite trucks. Performs so well in every type of longboarding.
These are the 2nd generation trucks, and here are all the improvements:
UPDATED INNER / OUTER STEPS ON BUSHING SEAT
- The new Inner-Step provides an increased contact area with the bushing, resulting in dramatically higher rebound and overall responsiveness. The Inner-Step diameter has been adjusted to 25.4mm to eliminate all slop.
- The new Outer-Step is now a perfect circle with a 31.5mm diameter, creating a perfect no-slop-fit with oversized aftermarket bushing combinations.
PIVOT WITH TIGHTER AND UPDATED CHAMFER
- By decreasing the pivot cup seat chamfer, the surface area of the pivot cup in contact with the baseplate has been increased. This creates a snugger fit for the pivot pin and prevents side-to-side play as the pivot cup breaks in.
CIRCULAR KINGPIN HOLE WITH UPDATED DIAMETER
- The diametre of the kingpin hole has been updated and now provides a consistent and uniform lean, while also allowing proper clearance to avoid kingpin bit on the hanger.
INCREASED TRUCK STRENGTH
- With a new in-house heat treatment process Caliber have been able to strengthen their trucks by as much as 40%.
PRESSED-IN GRADE 8 HEX HEAD KINGPIN
-All slop and play has been removed by switching to a pressed-in kingpin.
- Baseplate has been reinforced by thickening the metal towards the kingpin. This provides increased strength and resistance against high speed impact.
THINNER PAINTS FOR TIGHTENED TOLERANCES
- Powder coats are very thick and can throw off tolerances and effect overall truck performance. The new Calibers use a thinner paint system that has virtually no impact on performance.
- 184mm hanger (standard longboard truck)
- Axle to axle length is 10 inch
- 50 degree baseplate
- Updated bushing seat providing a perfect no-slip-fit
- Pivot re-designed for tighter tolerances with an updated chamfer
- Circular kingpin hole with updated diameter
- Truck strength increased by 40%
- Pressed-in Grade 8 hex head kingpin
- Beefed up and reinforced baseplate
- Thinner paints used for tighter tolerances