**Price is for a set of TWO trucks**
2021 model with updated plug barrel bushing.
The new Venom Plug Barrel Bushings for Caliber Trucks are designed to remove lateral play from the truck by filling the gaps between the hanger and the kingpin. This results in a quicker return to centre, increased responsiveness, and a more direct turning feel over a traditional barrel bushing. This truck comes with a barrel plug and standard barrel combo.
Riding in a pack, downhill, there is always one skater who will be faster than the rest. Better tuck? More aggressive? Less fear? They usually are on Calibers, and that is what these trucks remind me of: In a puff of smoke...they were gone. To be that skater, you need these trucks: Caliber Smoke.
These trucks are the closest you can get to precision. Super fun, and even if you have a set of the world's great precision trucks, you have another deck with Caliber trucks - don't forget your roots!
The Forty-Four Caliber is built for speed and our choice of truck if you want to go fast.
There are so many features that make this truck stable at speed. The obvious one is the baseplate is 44 degree and lower than a normal 50 degree baseplate. Trucks come standard with one plug barrel and one standard barrel both in 89a Blood Orange Bushings. These are the 2nd generation trucks, and here are all the improvements:
UPDATED INNER / OUTER STEPS ON BUSHING SEAT
- The new Inner-Step provides an increased contact area with the bushing, resulting in dramatically higher rebound and overall responsiveness. The Inner-Step diameter has been adjusted to 25.4mm to eliminate all slop.
- The new Outer-Step is now a perfect circle with a 31.5mm diameter, creating a perfect no-slop-fit with oversized aftermarket bushing combinations.
PIVOT WITH TIGHTER AND UPDATED CHAMFER
- By decreasing the pivot cup seat chamfer, the surface area of the pivot cup in contact with the baseplate has been increased. This creates a snugger fit for the pivot pin and prevents side-to-side play as the pivot cup breaks in.
CIRCULAR KINGPIN HOLE WITH UPDATED DIAMETER
- The diametre of the kingpin hole has been updated and now provides a consistent and uniform lean, while also allowing proper clearance to avoid kingpin bit on the hanger.
INCREASED TRUCK STRENGTH
- With a new in-house heat treatment process Caliber have been able to strengthen their trucks by as much as 40%.
PRESSED-IN GRADE 8 HEX HEAD KINGPIN
-All slop and play has been removed by switching to a pressed-in kingpin.
- Baseplate has been reinforced by thickening the metal towards the kingpin. This provides increased strength and resistance against high speed impact.
THINNER PAINTS FOR TIGHTENED TOLERANCES
- Powder coats are very thick and can throw off tolerances and effect overall truck performance. The new Calibers use a thinner paint system that has virtually no impact on performance.
- 184mm hanger (standard longboard truck)
- Axle to axle length is 10 inch
- 44 degree baseplate
- Updated bushing seat providing a perfect no-slip-fit
- Pivot re-designed for tighter tolerances with an updated chamfer
- Circular kingpin hole with updated diameter
- Truck strength increased by 40%
- Pressed-in Grade 8 hex head kingpin
- Beefed up and reinforced baseplate
- Thinner paints used for tighter tolerances