This board is the Carbon Fiber Version of the Samurai.
If you doesn't know Kevin "K-Rimes" Reimer, he is the 2009, 2010, and 2014 World Downhill Champion. This is the Powell Peralta Samurai longboard deck, has a 3/8 inch drop that will hold you in place for sliding, drifting, or freeriding and also features a flat-topped W concave that is meant to be subtle enough to not effect pushing, but noticeable enough to hold your foot on toeside corners and slides.
The concave of the Samurai is more gentle and round than other concaves which allows for more foot contact with the board, meaning more grip, more control, and less feedback that can slow you down. The Samurai has been built with the least amount of material possible in order to keep the deck extremely light weight, and allow the use of large race wheels 75mm and above without wheel bite.
Drop Center: 0.375"
Concave: Mild Concave
- Ultra lightweight construction for quicker starts and response
- Gentle radial concave, for more foot contact
- Flat top W concave
- Extremely stiff torsionally with gentle longitudinal flex
- Integrated cast urethane bumpers
- 3/8 inch drop to glue your feet to the board while sliding, and lower your center of gravity
- Race shape with wheel clearance for 75mm and up wheels
- Tri-axial fiberglass and carbon fiber skins
- High strength epoxy glue
- Super light, multi-species wooden core
- Hard, cast polyurethane bumpers
Original artwork created for Kevin Reimer by V.C. Johnson