The Darkside is a directional, Top Mount Freeride Longboard with Radial Drop, 3 stage Rocker and Kick-tails. The Darkside has a relatively short wheelbase compared to larger Longboards, narrower width and built-in wheelwells – plenty of space to put on some 70mm Rayne Envy Longboard Wheels, but Rayne Longboards think it’s most fun on the 64mm Envy Longboard Wheels.
This hybrid Longboard crosses over a love of radial drops for downhill leverage, control and lock-in with a kick tail to get up, over and around everything and anything. Now you kooks can ollie, manual, blunt and firecracker your way around the city on the way to your local freeride spot! Come over to the Darkside!
Wheelbase: 21.50" - 22.50"
- The Darkside has loads of concave features but is miraculously easy to ride and very natural feeling. Instead of being confined by the features, on the right sized Darkside you will feel like they match your positioning and allow you to spend more time thinking about the road ahead rather than what’s under your feet.
- The main features of the deck that hold your feed in place are the radial drops, medium concave and center concave flare of the 3 stage concave. These three edges allow you to put your foot in almost any position while benefiting from supreme grip.
- The 3 stage rocker adds a gentle ergonomic benefit, making a tuck more comfortable while placing your body in the right position stance for powerful controlled slides. The second benefit of the the upturned center concave is that it adds tremendous stiffness to the board, allowing us to keep the construction extra light weight.
- The kicktail and wheelbase options on the Darkside have been designed to maximize your pop on the board for any truck available on the market. Because truck designs vary widely in offset, rake, height and angle be sure to try out all of the mounting options available to see what feels best with your setup!
Material and Construction:
- The Darkside has a super lightweight, durable and stiff construction. Rayne sandwiched three layers of Vertically Laminated Bamboo between two layers of Triaxial Fiberglass which is then finally protected by an outer casing of snowboard topsheet. All of the layers are glued together using waterproof epoxy resin. The outer snowboard topsheet has an extra-durable sublimated graphic tattooed directly into the material itself!
- Almost all wheelwells available on other boards are machined or sanded into the board, reducing the strength and durability of the board. The Darkside wheelwells are laminated directly into the board during the pressing process and are reinforced with fiberglass, increasing overall durability and power transfer to your trucks.