RipTide APS Carver CX surfskate bushings
APS stands for Animated Polymer System, and as the name implies, this compound is very lively and offers high rebound with lots of control and lean. For the same durometer, the APS will turn 10% to 15% more than the same durometer of other brands. In addition, the APS does not change much when you tighten the kingpin nut past snug. RipTide recommend tightening to the point where it is difficult to turn the bushing in the bushing seat by hand. Use a flat washer for more resistance and a cupped washer for even higher resistance.
- Two cones 0.58" (Road-Side or 2nd Bushing) and 0.65" (Board-Side or 1st Bushing)
- APS rides a couple of points softer than they test, so order accordingly
- Hard durometer bushings (95a - 92.5a) are for riders over 80kg
- Medium durometer bushings (90a - 87a) are for medium-weight riders & those looking for a lot of turn. Expect to feel the truck snap back and turn tighter.
- Soft durometer bushings (85a) are for light-weight riders & those looking for a super surfy setup.