RipTide APS Cone longboard bushings
APS stands for Animated Polymer System, and as the name implies, this compound is very lively and offers high rebound with lots of control and lean. For the same durometer, the APS will turn 10% to 15% more than the same durometer of other brands. In addition, the APS does not change much when you tighten the kingpin nut past snug. RipTide recommend tightening to the point where it is difficult to turn the bushing in the bushing seat by hand. Use a flat washer for more resistance and a cupped washer for even higher resistance.
- 975" Dia x .60" High (24.77mm Dia x 15.24mm High)
- APS rides a couple of points softer than they test, so order accordingly
- Hard durometer bushings (95a - 97.5a) are for heavier-weight riders (over 125lbs) and allow for a nice tight set-up.
- Medium durometer bushings (85a - 90a) are for medium-weight riders (75 - 125lbs) & those looking for a looser setup in the RoadSide position when coupled with a harder duro bushing.
- Soft durometer bushings (75a - 85a) are for light-weight riders & those looking for aloose setup in the RoadSide position.
- Super-soft durometer bushings (60a - 70a) are designed for very light-weight or young riders and are also fun for those looking for a really loose setup in the RoadSide position.
Excellent when used as a Cone/Barrel combo - but incredibly fun and variable when used in the Roadside position in combo with other shapes & or duro's in the Boardside position.